IMPORTANT: All submissions must be accompanied by this form that confirms departmental awareness and funding match. It must be complete to be eligible for funding. You may bring the completed form to the meeting or drop it off at the ESC Office.
The purpose of the Funding Advisory Committee (FAC) is to make recommendations to the Dean of Engineering in regards to financial support for engineering student organizations.
Funds are distributed annually by FAC through four quarterly rounds of applications. Decisions for approved funding is decided at meetings held after the submission of applications. The meeting is chaired by the Vice President of the Council. Each department receives one vote presented by the department's elected representative. If both representatives of a department are present at a committee meeting, they will be granted only one vote between the two. Representatives should decide between themselves how they will use their department's vote. In the event of a tie in voting, the Chairperson of the Committee shall cast the deciding vote.
A list of items not allowed are here.
4th Quarter FAC Meeting Information
Proposal Due: April 14th(Sunday) by midnight
FAC Meeting: April 17th
FAC meeting will be held at 6:00 PM in 4156 Learned (Chemical & Petroleum Engineering Conference Room)
Application forms can be completed online by following the link below. However, itemized budgets must be emailed to Eva Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The voting members of the Committee will review each organization's application on a case-by-case basis. At the conclusion of each review, the committee members will vote to approve or deny the request for funding. The Committee reserves the right to amend an organization's request for funding. The recommendation of the Committee shall be submitted to the Associate Dean of Engineering within one week of the Committee's meeting. The final approval shall be given by the Associate Dean of Engineering. Funds will be distributed by the School's Administration.
The Committee will consider the following factors when allocating funds (not all criteria apply to every application):
1) Number of engineering students involved in the event and the benefits to them
2) History of the organization (funding and otherwise)
3) Good faith effort on matching funds
4) Degree of student interest in the event/organization
5) Effect of the Image of the School of Engineering
Requirements for each organization:
1) Be registered with the Student Involvement and Leadership Committee
2) Be associated with the School of Engineering
3) Have one representative at the first general ESC meeting of each month.
4) Host one unique event each year
5) Give a presentation at one general ESC meeting each year
6) Participate in Engineering EXPO
7) Deliver a presentation at the next quarterly FAC meeting
Image of the School of Engineering:
The following events and activities are considered to promote the positive image of the School. This list is not comprehensive. Events and activities not listed will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
1) Engineering Exposition
2) School of Engineering Welcome Back Events
3) Community outreach activities
4) Student design competitions
5) Organization conferences